Mr. Dumith Fernando has twenty-five years of experience in international Investment Banking and Equities, based in New York and Hong Kong with leading global investment banks JP Morgan Chase & Co. and Credit Suisse AG.
He holds a BA in Physics & Economics from Middlebury College in the U.S. and an MBA from Harvard Business School.
- Chairman of Asia Securities Holdings (Pvt) Ltd.
- Non-Executive Director of the listed firms Union Assurance PLC and Singer (Sri Lanka) PLC
- Member of the Economic Policy Steering Committee of the Ceylon Chamber of Commerce.
Managing Director and Group Chief Operating Officer for Credit Suisse Asia Pacific. Worked at Credit Suisse from 2007 until 2013 and at JP Morgan from 1995 until 2007 in roles across Investment Banking, Equities, Private Equity and Corporate Strategy.
MR. Ray Abeywardena has been associated with Sri Lanka’s capital markets for over 33 years, primarily as a Stockbroker and since 2009 as an Investment Banker.
He is a Member of the Chartered Institute of Marketing (UK) and holds a Masters Degree in Business Administration from the University of Wales.
- Managing Director of Acuity Partners (Pvt) Ltd.
- Chairman of Acuity Stockbrokers (Pvt) Ltd and Acuity Securities Ltd
- Independent Non- Executive Director of Softlogic Insurance PLC.
- Director of Lanka Ventures PLC, Lanka Energy Fund PLC and Guardian Acuity Asset Management Ltd (GAAM).
- Served as the Managing Director/CEO of Acuity Stockbrokers (Pvt) Ltd from 2001 to end 2008.
- Past Chairman of the Colombo Stockbrokers Association.
Mr. Dilshan Wirasekara is an investment banker by profession with a career spanning over 23 years, comprising diversified expertise in financial services including, treasury and investment management, capital market strategy and corporate finance advisory.
He is an alumnus of INSEAD having completed his Executive Professional Education at INSEAD Business School in Fontainebleau, France.
Mr. Wirasekara specializes in Asset and Liability Risk Management having secured the accolade of leading and representing two Sri Lankan companies in winning the International Bank Asset and Liability competition organized annually by the Netherlands Development Finance Company (FMO), German Investment Corporation (DEG) and Proparco – a subsidiary of the Agence Française de Développement (AFD).
- Director / Chief Executive Officer of First Capital Holdings PLC.
- General Manager of Softlogic Capital PLC guiding investment and trading portfolio management across subsidiaries inclusive of the Group’s Licensed Finance Company, Composite Insurer and Equity Brokerage.
- Head of Treasury at Nations Trust Bank PLC.
Mr. Dimuthu Abeyesekera is an experienced capital market professional counting over 31 years in the industry.
He is a veteran capital market professional and serves as an important resource person at CSBA
- Director/CEO of Asha Securities Ltd, which is affiliated to Phillip Capital Singapore, a specialized financial services organization managing assets worth over US$ 35 Billion with a network of offices around the world.
- Director at Asha Financial Services ltd, a Specialized Margin Trading Company in Colombo
- Chairman of the Colombo Stockbrokers Association (CSBA).
- Chairman at Kalamazoo Systems PLC.
Mr. Siriwadana is a Former Deputy Governor of the Central Bank of Sri Lanka and Deputy Secretary General of the National Economic Council (NEC) of Sri Lanka.
He holds over 33 years of experience in Central Banking especially in the areas of Economic and Price Stability, Financial System Stability, Fiscal Policy and Agency Functions including Public Debt Management, Financial Intelligence Operations, Risk Management and Fund Management and Capital Market Operations. In addition, at NEC, experience in National Policy formulation and coordination.
Mr. Siriwardana holds a Masters’ Degree in Quantitative Development Economics (QDE) and Postgraduate Diploma in QDE from the University of Warwick, United Kingdom.
Bachelors’ Degree (B.SC.) in Agriculture from the University of Ruhuna, Sri Lanka.
He has authored many articles in reputed international and local journals in the fields of Debt Management, Public Finance, Capital Market etc and served as a resource person at various local and international forums in different capacities and was a faculty member of the South East Asian Central Bank (SEACEN) Research and Training Centre in Malaysia.
Secretary to the Monetary Board of the Central Bank of Sri Lanka
Chairman, Credit Information Bureau of Sri Lanka (CRIB)
Chairman, Financial System Stability Committee (FSSC) of the Central Bank of Sri Lanka
Chairman, National Payments Council (NPC) of Sri Lanka
Chairman, Foreign Reserve Management Committee(FRMC) of the Central Bank of Sri Lanka
Chairman, Market Operation Committee (MOC) of the Central Bank of Sri Lanka
Chairman, Domestic Debt Management Committee (DDMC)
Director, Ceylon Electricity Board
Director, Colombo Dockyard PLC
Director, LankaClear Pvt. Ltd.
Director, Kandurata Development Bank
Central Bank Observer at the Board of Directors of the Board of Investment (BOI)
Director, Insurance Regulatory Commission of Sri Lanka
Commissioner, Securities and Exchange Commission of Sri Lanka
Member, Monetary Policy Committee (MPC) of the Central Bank of Sri Lanka
Head, Financial Sector Consolidation Unit of the Central Bank of Sri Lanka
Member, Employees Provident Fund Investment Committee
Chairman, Steering Committee on International Sovereign Bond Issues of Sri Lanka
Chairman, Internal Investment Oversight Committee of the Central Bank of Sri Lanka
A Senior Fellow Member of the Institute of Chartered Accountant of Sri Lanka and a Chartered Global Management Accountant with a Bachelor of Science degree from the University of Colombo, a MBA from the University of Strathclyde in the United Kingdom and a Master of Arts in Financial Economics from the University of Colombo.
Mr. Herath has extensive industry experience of over two decades in serving numerous clients in the Public Sector and in the Private Sector and actively involved in areas of Economy, Capital Markets, Investments, Corporate Transformation & Restructuring, Corporate Planning, Performance Improvement, Corporate Governance, Technology, Accounting, Auditing, Professional Accountancy Organizations
- Senior Partner and Head of Advisory Ernst & Young, Sri Lanka and Maldives.
- Chairman of the Professional Accountancy Organisation Development Committee of the IFAC.
- A Board Member of the Sri Lanka Accounting and Auditing Standards Monitoring Board.
- A Commissioner of the Securities and Exchange Commission of Sri Lanka.
- Marketing Development Manager at Ceylon Tobacco Company
- Director Corporate Finance at Merchant Bank of Sri Lanka Ltd.
- Past President of The Institute of Chartered Accountants of Sri Lanka.
- Past President of the South Asian Federation of Accountants.
- Board Member of the Confederation of Asia Pacific Accountants
An Attorney with over 20 years international experience in Cyber Law, with expertise in Digital Payments & e-Commerce, International trade, Cyber Security/ Cyber Crime, Intellectual Property Rights & Software licensing, E-banking & Mobile Banking, Digitization of capital markets, Dispute resolution in ICT Projects and negotiating contracts for large digital solutions.
Mr. Jayantha Fernando pioneered drafting of Sri Lanka’s digital laws, including Electronic transactions, Digital Payments, Cybercrime as well as Data Protection and Cyber Security Legislation. Drafted the Legal blueprint for the establishment of ICT Agency, Sri Lanka CERT and the use of authentication technologies at national and sectoral level at Lanka Clear, through Central Bank.
He led Sri Lanka’s entry to the Budapest Cybercrime Convention and Sri Lanka’s ratification of the UN Electronic Communications Convention (UN eCC) in 2015, both firsts for South Asia. Expert for UNCITRAL, Council of Europe and World Bank advising countries formulate Digital Laws.
Mr. Fernando holds a specialized Masters in Law (LLM) in IT & Telecommunications Law from the University London, read on a Chevening Scholarship awarded by UK Government.
- Chairman, LK Internet Domain Name Registry
- Co-Chair, National Certificate Authority Task Force for Digital Authentication Services
- Director, Sri Lanka CERT & Director/ Legal Advisor, ICTA
- Elected Bureau Member, Council of Europe Cybercrime Convention Committee (T-CY), Strasbourg, France
- Chairman, Sri Lanka CERT (Computer Emergency Readiness Team)
- Commissioner, Securities and Exchange Commission of Sri Lanka
- Board Director, Sri Lanka Standards Institution
- Consultant on Digital Laws, Attorney General’s Chamber, Republic of Fiji
- Vice Chair, Government Advisory Committee, Internet Corporation for Assigned Names and Numbers (ICANN), California, USA
- Associate Chairman, ICANN Nominations Committee
21 Years as an Attorney at law and as a legal practitioner mainly focused on commercial and admiralty work and Project finance transactions
Masters in Law (LLM) (University College London) (University of London) (1997-1998). (Emphasis on regulation of financial markets, law and practice of foreign investment in emerging economies, privatization).
LLB (Hons.) (University of Wales College of Cardiff) (1993-1995)
Attorney-At-Law, Supreme Court of the Democratic Socialist Republic of Sri Lanka (June1997)
Of Gray’s Inn, Barrister-At-Law (England and Wales) (July 1996)
-Counsel / Consultant Special Projects D.L & F De Saram , Attorneys at Law
- Former State Counsel – Attorney Generals Department 1999 – 2003
- Advisory capacity for projects undertaken by State Institutions, Statutory Boards, Ministries, Government agencies, International Organizations and overseas companies.
- Advising and representing Parties in large infrastructure Arbitrations
- Member of the National Intellectual Property Commission in the year 2002 to 2004.