MR. Ray Abeywardena has been associated with Sri Lanka’s capital markets for over 33 years, primarily as a Stockbroker and since 2009 as an Investment Banker.
He is a Member of the Chartered Institute of Marketing (UK) and holds a Masters Degree in Business Administration from the University of Wales.
- Managing Director of Acuity Partners (Pvt) Ltd.
- Chairman of Acuity Stockbrokers (Pvt) Ltd and Acuity Securities Ltd
- Independent Non- Executive Director of Softlogic Insurance PLC.
- Director of Lanka Ventures PLC, Lanka Energy Fund PLC and Guardian Acuity Asset Management Ltd (GAAM).
- Served as the Managing Director/CEO of Acuity Stockbrokers (Pvt) Ltd from 2001 to end 2008.
- Past Chairman of the Colombo Stockbrokers Association.
Mr. Kosala Gamage has considerable experience in the Sri Lankan stock market with over 27 years of experience in handling local and foreign investments.
- Managing Director of Lanka Securities Pvt Ltd which is a joint venture Stockbroking Company of the Bank of Ceylon group and First Capital Securities Corporation, Pakistan.
- A Board member of Renuka Consultants (Pvt) Ltd.
- President of the Colombo Stockbrokers Association (CSBA) from the year 2019 to 2021.
A Senior Fellow Member of the Institute of Chartered Accountant of Sri Lanka and a Chartered Global Management Accountant with a Bachelor of Science degree from the University of Colombo, a MBA from the University of Strathclyde in the United Kingdom and a Master of Arts in Financial Economics from the University of Colombo.
Mr. Herath has extensive industry experience of over two decades in serving numerous clients in the Public Sector and in the Private Sector and actively involved in areas of Economy, Capital Markets, Investments, Corporate Transformation & Restructuring, Corporate Planning, Performance Improvement, Corporate Governance, Technology, Accounting, Auditing, Professional Accountancy Organizations
- Senior Partner and Head of Advisory Ernst & Young, Sri Lanka and Maldives.
- Chairman of the Professional Accountancy Organisation Development Committee of the IFAC.
- A Board Member of the Sri Lanka Accounting and Auditing Standards Monitoring Board.
- A Commissioner of the Securities and Exchange Commission of Sri Lanka.
- Marketing Development Manager at Ceylon Tobacco Company
- Director Corporate Finance at Merchant Bank of Sri Lanka Ltd.
- Past President of The Institute of Chartered Accountants of Sri Lanka.
- Past President of the South Asian Federation of Accountants.
- Board Member of the Confederation of Asia Pacific Accountants
An Attorney with over 20 years international experience in Cyber Law, with expertise in Digital Payments & e-Commerce, International trade, Cyber Security/ Cyber Crime, Intellectual Property Rights & Software licensing, E-banking & Mobile Banking, Digitization of capital markets, Dispute resolution in ICT Projects and negotiating contracts for large digital solutions.
Mr. Jayantha Fernando pioneered drafting of Sri Lanka’s digital laws, including Electronic transactions, Digital Payments, Cybercrime as well as Data Protection and Cyber Security Legislation. Drafted the Legal blueprint for the establishment of ICT Agency, Sri Lanka CERT and the use of authentication technologies at national and sectoral level at Lanka Clear, through Central Bank.
He led Sri Lanka’s entry to the Budapest Cybercrime Convention and Sri Lanka’s ratification of the UN Electronic Communications Convention (UN eCC) in 2015, both firsts for South Asia. Expert for UNCITRAL, Council of Europe and World Bank advising countries formulate Digital Laws.
Mr. Fernando holds a specialized Masters in Law (LLM) in IT & Telecommunications Law from the University London, read on a Chevening Scholarship awarded by UK Government.
- Chairman, LK Internet Domain Name Registry
- Co-Chair, National Certificate Authority Task Force for Digital Authentication Services
- Director, Sri Lanka CERT & Director/ Legal Advisor, ICTA
- Elected Bureau Member, Council of Europe Cybercrime Convention Committee (T-CY), Strasbourg, France
- Chairman, Sri Lanka CERT (Computer Emergency Readiness Team)
- Commissioner, Securities and Exchange Commission of Sri Lanka
- Board Director, Sri Lanka Standards Institution
- Consultant on Digital Laws, Attorney General’s Chamber, Republic of Fiji
- Vice Chair, Government Advisory Committee, Internet Corporation for Assigned Names and Numbers (ICANN), California, USA
- Associate Chairman, ICANN Nominations Committee