CDS Hosts the 22nd ACG Annual General Meeting
The CDS successfully hosted the 22nd Annual General Meeting of the Asia-Pacific Central Securities Depository Group (ACG) at the Kingsbury Hotel in Colombo, Sri Lanka from 26th to 28th November.
The AGM was themed “Fintech-Shifting or shaping the future of CSDs”.
The conference drew 88 participants from 25 member organizations from 16 countries, with 10 participants from 8 non-member organizations as well.
Dr. Indrajit Coomaraswamy, Governer of the Central Bank of Sri Lanka delivered the Keynote speech at the event.
Several industry experts shared their views and made presentations. Mr. Jonathon Rout, Business Development Director, APAC, Digital Asset shared his key insights on a ‘Distributed Platform Future for CSDs’. Dr. Andreas Waschto, Associate Partner – McKinsey & Company shared knowledge on the ‘Industry Outlook & Future Direction’. Dr. Wenhua Dai, Deputy Chairman / General Manager-China Securities Depository and Clearing Corporation Limited (CSDC) shared his insights on Chinese Capital Market Development amid China-US Trade Frictions: An FMI Perspective.
Commenting on the event, Mr. Rajeeva Bandaranaike Chief Executive Officer of CSE stated “CDS is proud to host the 22nd AGM of ACG and we are pleased to be able to facilitate this forum to create a stronger network of regional ties between depositories and clearing organizations.”
The 22nd ACG AGM formed the opportunity for the ACG members to voice their interest in global initiatives and to enhance their capabilities through the knowledge sharing that the conference facilitated.
CDS Signs MoU with KSD Tuesday November 27, 2018
CDS Digitalization Initiatives – Launch of Online Account Opening Wednesday October 7, 2020
CDS bolsters corporate action services portfolio with DCSL and Melsta Wednesday January 2, 2019
Decentralization of CDS Account Openings Tuesday February 4, 2020
- Way Forward: Future Developments of the CDS
- CDS enables digital applications for IPOs
- CDS Celebrates 25 Years
- CDS Digitalization Initiatives – Launch of Online Account Opening
- CDS Attends the 18th ACG Cross Training Seminar
- CDS Launches e-Connect Facility
- CDS Signs MoU with CSDC
- Second Phase of CDS Digitalization Initiatives – Launch of revamped CDS eConnect
- CDS Signs MoU with CDC Pakistan
- CDS Hosts the 22nd ACG Annual General Meeting
- Decentralization of CDS Account Openings
- CDS Signs MoU with KSD
- CDS bolsters corporate action services portfolio with DCSL and Melsta
- CDS signs MoU with CDSL India