Way Forward: Future Developments of the CDS
During an interview with the Lanka Business Online (LBO), Head of CDS, Mr. Nalin Fonseka explained how the Central Depository Systems (Pvt) Limited (CDS) is looking forward to introduce a fully-fledged electronic IPO and a voting system during this year.
Year 2016 is a corporate milestone for the CDS, as they celebrate the 25th year of operation since its inception.
Commemorating this, the CDS is currently working on several new projects. One being a project to upgrade the investor account opening process and the initiative will decentralize the said process and enable broker firms to open client accounts from their offices without sending the documents to the CDS.
The CDS eConnect is another such project, that will fulfill the objective of bridging the gap between investors and the CDS. eConnect will take accessing of CDS account transaction details to a new level.
“The improvements we make in future will be strictly stakeholder focused and will be in-line with the vision of the CSE”Mr.Nalin Fonseka further stated during the interview.
To view the full text of the interview – Click Here
Decentralization of CDS Account Openings Tuesday February 4, 2020
CDS Signs MoU with KSD Tuesday November 27, 2018
CDS Digitalization Initiatives – Launch of Online Account Opening Wednesday October 7, 2020
CDS bolsters corporate action services portfolio with DCSL and Melsta Wednesday January 2, 2019
- CDS Attends the 18th ACG Cross Training Seminar
- CDS bolsters corporate action services portfolio with DCSL and Melsta
- CDS Signs MoU with CSDC
- CDS Signs MoU with KSD
- CDS Signs MoU with CDC Pakistan
- CDS Launches e-Connect Facility
- CDS Hosts the 22nd ACG Annual General Meeting
- Decentralization of CDS Account Openings
- CDS Digitalization Initiatives – Launch of Online Account Opening
- Way Forward: Future Developments of the CDS
- Second Phase of CDS Digitalization Initiatives – Launch of revamped CDS eConnect
- CDS Celebrates 25 Years
- CDS enables digital applications for IPOs
- CDS signs MoU with CDSL India