Opening a CDS Account enables you to trade in securities through the Colombo Stock Exchange.
Your CDS account should be opened and maintained through a Participant organization (a stockbroker or a custodian bank).
You may select a participant from our lists of Direct Participants or Indirect Participants.
Direct Participants are the stockbrokers who are licensed by the Securities and Exchange Commission of Sri Lanka (SEC) and are members of the CSE
Indirect Participants These are the banks registered under the Banking Act of Sri Lanka
Investor Account Services provided by us include:
You can find out how to open and maintain the CDS accounts by clicking on each link.
- Opening of Client Accounts – Resident Individuals
- Opening of Client Accounts – Resident Body Corporates
- Opening of Client Accounts – Non-Resident Individuals
- Opening of Client Accounts – Non-Resident Body Corporates
- Opening of Client Accounts – Non-Resident Collective Investment Schemes
- Maintenance of Client Accounts
To open a CDS Account relevant documents should be handed over to a CDS Participant of your choice. The CDS Participant will open your CDS Account.
To confirm the opening of the account CDS will send an acknowledgement slip with the CDS Account number, to the email address given by you in the account opening application. If you haven’t received this you may inquire from your stockbroker.